What is Accounting?
Accounting is instrumental within organizations as means of determining financial stability. Accountants are multidisciplinary, responsible for determining an organizations overall wealth, profitability, and liquidity. Without accounting, organizations would have no basis or foundation upon which daily and long-term decisions could be made. The budgets for marketing activities, profit reinvestment, research and development, and company growth all stem from the work of accountants. Accounting is one of the oldest and most respected professions in the world, and is one of the most necessary lines of work on the planet.
Learn more about our latest offering, starting in fall 2018, the new BS/MS Accounting program allows you to get two degrees in five years.
Leading the way in Accounting Information Systems and Technology
Saunders College accounting students graduate with a deep-rooted understanding of accounting principles and information systems and experience real-world, applied-training outside of the classroom and on co-op.
- You are guaranteed real-world experience as a part of one of the oldest and largest cooperative education programs
- Our Next Generation of Accountants (NGA) chapter regularly hosts guest speakers from the Big Four accounting firms and offers hands-on workshops in emerging areas of accounting, offering you numerous opportunities to network and learn more about the industry
- A dedicated accounting career fair brings companies to campus to meet specifically with Saunders accounting students for co-op and career opportunities
- Our courses set you on the right track for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification. Saunders students have consistently exceeded both state and national averages for CPA passing rates
- Faculty are active in research and industry practitioners bring the latest trends into the classroom
- Our accounting advisory board forecasts business trends and influences the development of new curriculum