Undergraduate Academic Advising
Saunders College recognizes the importance of providing a variety of advising and support services designed to ensure your academic success. Academic Advisors can:
- Support student transition into the university; provide tools to support autonomy and personal responsibility
- Help students navigate registration, degree requirements, and program expectations
- Focus on academic policies, procedures, and resources and how they relate to the academic success of our students
- Support students with unique and/or special needs
Note on transfer credit
If you plan to take a course from another institution and transfer credit back to RIT to satisfy a Business program requirement, you must get prior approval from your academic advisor. For any business, elective, math or science course, even once you are given approval by your advisor, please complete the Transfer Credit Prior Approval Form before you take the course(s). The College of Liberal Arts will still pre-approve all COLA classes.
General Education Requirements
Please view RIT General Education Perspective Suggestions for Artistic, Social, Scientific Principles and Natural Science Inquiry.
Advising Walk-in Hours
Walk-in times are designated for current business students to have a quick, one-on-one meeting with your advisor. Appointments are first-come, first-served and will generally be no longer than 15 minutes. If you feel you need more time, feel free to schedule an appointment with your advisor through Starfish after logging on to RIT MyCourses.
During the January 2018 Add/Drop period, advisors will be available for the following extended walk-in hours:
- Tuesday, January 16 from 9 to 11:30 am, and from 1:30 to 3 pm
- Wednesday, January 17 from 9 to 11:30 am, and from 1:30 to 3 pm
- Thursday, January 18 from 9 to 11:30 am, and from 1:30 to 3 pm
- Friday, January 19 from 1:30 to 3 pm
- Monday, January 22 from 9 to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, January 23 from 9 to 11:30 am
Appointments times are also available through Starfish during the Add/Drop period's non walk-in hours. The regular walk-in schedule below will go into effect on Wednesday, January 24.
|9 to 11:30 am Rose Thomas|
|1:30 to 4 pm Janelle Aimi||1:30 to 4 pm Melissa Masline|
For students considering a Leave of Absence, review the University Policy and set up a meeting with your advisor to begin the process.