What is management?
Industries around the world are in need of decision-makers and problem-solvers. Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations alike are in need of strategic managers. Management is the process of ensuring that a company is able to operate in both the immediate and near future, by making decisions that will impact an organization on every level. These decisions range from hiring a new employee to taking a company public. Management is not an easy field, and good managers are highly sought after. Our management program focuses on the critical competencies and interpersonal skills needed to be a successful change-agent in any organization.
High-Performance Leaders for Successful Organizations
Saunders College management students are exposed to many facets of management, from the ability to motivate peers, to communicating with others and leading a team – essential skills for good managers. Our program builds a T-shaped professional; who are characterized by a deep disciplinary knowledge and an understanding of the professional and personal skills that cross that transcend disciplines.
- Strong emphasis on design thinking woven throughout the curriculum, designed to give you an understanding of solution-based thinking
- You can experience cross-cultural teamwork and management skills through virtual team projects with peers from partner universities and global campuses
- We operate in a global business environment. Take the opportunity to seamlessly study abroad at one of our global campuses and experience working among different cultures and business practices
- Two different concentrations allow for the opportunity to specialize in the field you choose
- Faculty are active in research and industry practitioners bring the latest trends into the classroom
- Saunders Management Club is interwoven with our DECA Collegiate chapter and provides opportunities to engage in DECA competitions and conferences
- You are guaranteed real-world experience as a part of one of the oldest and largest cooperative education programs
- New advisory board guides curriculum expansion and forecasts business trends
Saunders College of Business is #1 in Western NY, ranking #62 nationally for undergraduate business programs in the U.S. News & World Report “Best Colleges” rankings, moving up two places from last year. These ranking are based on graduation and retention rates, as well as peer assessment and faculty resources.
Learn about other top rankings and recognition received by programs at Saunders College and Rochester Institute of Technology.
At the intersection of business and technology
Saunders College of Business, as a college within RIT, places an emphasis on technology and innovation in every program we offer. Saunders College teaches the cutting-edge accounting technologies and information systems, as only RIT can deliver, to help you stand out.