International Business Degree
Traveling the World to Gain Critical Perspectives
Our business environment has become increasingly global. Forces outside of an organization’s traditional boundaries can have a large impact of the overall success of the firm. The international business degree, or IB, comprises all commercial transactions (private and governmental, sales, investments, logistics, and transportation) that take place between two or more nations. At Saunders College, we recognize the need for graduates to have the skills and abilities to adapt business strategies and management practices in global business environment. The international business degree provides the analytical tools and conceptual framework needed to understand the international financial, political, and economic environment, and how that environment influences a firm’s strategy and performance. The comprehensive experience recognizes and integrates advanced language study, experiential education and elective coursework covering globally-relevant topics.
- You have the opportunity to study abroad at RIT Croatia, RIT Dubai, or any of RIT’s other global campuses or partner institutions, without interrupting your studies.
- International business students declare a co-major in another functional business discipline to complement the understanding and practical application of business from an international perspective.
- Experienced international business faculty take the time to get to know you and your career goals
- You are guaranteed real-world experience as a part of one of the oldest and largest cooperative education programs
- The international business degree exposes you to diverse global perspectives, challenges and opportunities that impact all organizations. From banking to manufacturing firms, an increasing number of industries need professionals who understand the global business environment
- In addition to studying international business, you will study advanced languages as a part of your coursework. Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish, are all available to augment your studies
- Immersion in another nation's culture, values, and business practices is the key to international business success.
As a recent graduate, you may not begin your professional career in a non-U.S. country or hold any international responsibilities, but the impact of globalization is a daily reality. A background in international business will help you become a better member of the management team at any corporation.
Saunders College of Business is #1 in Western NY, ranking #67 nationally for undergraduate business programs in the U.S. News & World Report “Best Colleges” rankings. These ranking are based on graduation and retention rates, as well as peer assessment and faculty resources.
Learn about other top rankings and recognition received by programs at Saunders College and Rochester Institute of Technology.
At the intersection of business and technology
Saunders College of Business, as a college within RIT, places an emphasis on technology and innovation in every program we offer. Saunders College provides an education that offers new perspectives on the integration of technology and business on a global scale, to help you stand out.