Welcome! Saunders College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology is proud to host the New York State Region #10 High School DECA Competition on December 20, 2018.
DECA students will present their business plans to local business leaders who will serve as the competition’s judges. A variety of subjects will be at the center of each business plan including: accounting applications, business finance, marketing management and retail merchandising to name a few.
DECA students and advisors will arrive on campus by 8:30 a.m. and students will break off into individual and group role plays to present their plans. When not competing students will attend a workshop featuring a special guest speaker and learn about the many entrepreneurship activities available on the RIT campus.
Winners of the Region 10 Regional High School DECA Competition will be recognized at the awards ceremony in the Gordon Field House at 1:00 p.m. Winners will advance onto the New York State DECA International Career Development Conference in April 2019.
To learn more and to access resources for your DECA chapter, please visit our DECA partnership page.
DECA Regional Competition Agenda: December 20, 2018
|7:45 am - 8:00 am||Buses begin drop-off||Parking Lot D - in front of Gordon Field House. Enter from Second Floor|
|8:15 am||Introduction Announcements||Gordon Field House Stage|
|8:30 am - 12:45 pm||Competition||Gordon Field House Rear|
|8:00 am - 11:00 am||Information Tables||Gordon Field House|
|10:00 am||Gracie's Opens for Lunch||Grace Watson Hall|
|11:00 am - 11:30 am||Dave Fuehrer - The Science of Living||Ingle Auditorium, SAU|
|11:30 am - 12:00 pm||Daphne Pariser - Humans for Education||Ingle Auditorium, SAU|
|12:00 pm - 12:30 pm||Saunders Student Panel||Ingle Auditorium, SAU|
|12:45 pm||Competition Ends||Gordon Field House Rear|
|12:45 pm||Gracie's Closes||Grace Watson Hall|
|1:00 pm - 1:30 pm||Award Ceremony Begins||Gordon Field House Stage|
|1:30 pm - 2:00 pm||Buses arrive for pickup||Parking Lot D - in front of Gordon Field House|
5 Things To-Do During the Region 10 DECA Competition
- Visit Saunders College of Business in the entry way of the Gordon Field House for a chance to win a Fitbit Versa.
- Head over to Ingle Auditorium from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm for a mandatory education presentations. After the session you will receive a ticket that you must show your DECA adviser.
- Students can use the bleachers inside the Gordon Field House as well as the pool deck in the Gordon Field House, in between competition times, the education presentations and lunch.
- Make your way over to Gracie’s for an all you can eat buffet!
- Check out our Saunders Events Calendar and plan your next visit to Saunders College of Business at RIT.