Peggy Tirrell is the Sr.Associate Director for Graduate Programs and Admissions in the College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology. She oversees the MBA program, M.S. in Finance, M.S. in International Business and M.S. in Innovation Management. Peggy began her career at RIT in 1977 in the Enrollment Management Office before moving to the Saunders College of Business in 1988. Peggy earned a B.A. in Sociology from the Excelsior College (formerly the University of the State of New York). She also has a M.S. in Career and Human Resources with a focus on Training and Professional Development from the Rochester Institute of Technology. Peggy participated in the Saunders College of Business initial quality training and served as a member of the college's first process improvement team. As a strong believer in quality management, Peggy has put this knowledge to good use by developing training in process improvement, which has been used by other RIT departments, and in the classroom. In 1998, she began teaching quality concepts and applications courses taken by College of Business undergraduate students later teaching business communications classes.. She has also conducted training to organizations in the area of Quality Customer Service and Process Improvement. Recognized as a specialist in training and diversity related issues, Peggy provides training and support to American Red Cross units. Her involvement at the national, state and local level focuses on capacity building for quality customer service. Peggy has served as a National Diversity Consultant for the American Red Cross, a member of the Regional Committee, the governing body for the American Red Cross for the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands. Currently she is a member of the Board of Directors for the Clara Barton/Livingston County Chapter of the American Red Cross. Committed to education and lifelong learning, Peggy has joined the Board of Trustees for the Avon Free Library. Peggy is actively involved in RIT's diversity and global initiatives. She has served as a member of the President's Commission on Pluralism & Inclusion and chaired the Diversity Leadership Committee. Additionally, Peggy has served as a Professional Mentor to the Global Leadership Certificate Program at RIT and a coach for 6 Faculty/Staff partners in the RIT Partners in Pluralism Program. Peggy's experience with International sponsored student programs has given her the opportunity to travel to both Moscow and Kazan, Russia as a member of selection committees for IREX and American Councils.
- M.S. in Career and Human Resource Development from Rochester Institute of Technology, 1995
- B.A. in Sociology from Excelsior College, 1985
- Professional Mentor | RIT's Global Leadership Program | 2007-Present
- Board Member | American Red Cross of Northern Livingston Cou | 2007-2009
- National Diversity Consultant | American Red Cross | 2005-2008
- Board Member | American Red Cross Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Reg | 2001-2004
- Communication: interpersonal
- Customer service
- Service quality
- Total quality management
- Rochester Women's Network
- National Academic Advisors Association
- W Award Finalist, Rochester Women's Network - - 2011
- Tirrell, P., & DeLardge, K. (2005). MBA Boot CampTeaches Critical Workforce Skills. Need title of the book, newsletter or source.
- Tirrell, P. (2005). Negotiating Diverse Cultures in the Business World. International Insights, Rochester International Council.
- Tirrell, P., Lewis, S., & DeLardge, K. (2004). Professional Skills (Boot Camp) for MBA Students: A Collaborative Effort of Faculty, Student Services and Career Services. Building Bridges: Advisors as Architects of the Future, National Academic Advising Association (NACADA).
Peggy A. Tirrell, MS
Sr. Associate Director of Graduate Business Programs & Admissions