Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

In just two days, I’ll be on a plane to the other side of the world.  Even as I’m typing, I still can’t believe it!  Even my friends and family are still in shock.  After all, it’s not every day that a college kid gets to visit China for spring break!  

So who am I?  Here's a quick little blurb:  My name is Shannon Ryan, and I'm a second year new media marketing student at RIT.  I'm in the Honors Program, I'm on the school swim team, and I'm a sister of the Zeta Tau Alpha chapter Iota Psi here on campus.

But out of all the things I'm involved in, this trip is definitely going to be the most exciting!  It was put together by the Saunders College of Business dean, Dr. dt ogilvie, with the purpose of teaching a group of students about China's dynamic economic and business environments.  While we're there, our student group gets to visit a variety of different businesses all around Beijing and learn how they've managed to succeed and grow there.

Plus, we get to do a few touristy things in our free time, like visit the Great Wall and the Forbidden City.  That is going to be AMAZING.

So far the most stressful part has been packing. I always struggle with knowing what to pack and when to do it, especially when I’m going to a new place!  Lucky for us, we all got helpful little packing checklists at our last group meeting, so hopefully we won't forget anything!  But even if we do, our first stop in China is a Wal-Mart.  I'm wondering if it will look and feel the same as its stores in America. (But really, how much can Wal-Mart change?)

Quick packing tip! Leave extra room in your suitcase!  You’re going to come back with tons of souvenirs, so make sure you have plenty of space left!  Come on, you know there's gonna be TONS of amazing things to buy wherever you're going.

I can't wait to get on that plane.  It's gonna be a 14 hour start to an unforgettable adventure!

~Shannon