The Leadership Academy @ Saunders -
Foundational Leadership for Career Success Certificate Program
Power your leadership potential and step forward to success!
Goal: To introduce students to the critical concepts and skills needed for career success in any industry and provide an opportunity to put these skills into practice through meaningful, fun, and interactive challenges facilitated by Saunders Faculty, alumni/industry leaders, and upper-class student leaders. Light dinner provided at each session.
Tuesdays – 5-7 pm, Spring Semester 2020: 1/28, 2/11, 2/25, 3/17, 3/31, 4/14, 4/21
*must be able to attend all sessions
Project Challenge – At Imagine RIT, 4/25/20
Closing Celebration Dinner – April 28, 2020
By participating in the program, students will:
- Be better prepared for success in co-ops and jobs by building their knowledge in the leadership and professional skills needed for workplace effectiveness.
- Be able to articulate their strengths and areas for development.
- Be able to identify personal and professional short and long term goals.
- Be more confident presenters and networkers.
- Have a greater understanding of how to navigate workplace culture and etiquette.
- Build communication and emotional intelligence skills, such as conflict management, self-advocacy, resiliency & courage, and building rapport & finding common ground with others.
- Put skills into practice by completing a semester long challenge/competition activity.