What is New Media Marketing?
Have you ever wondered why all the Facebook advertisements seem to know exactly what your interests are? As one of the first programs of its kind, New Media Marketing prepares you to stay one step ahead in the digital era. It goes beyond simple advertising and into areas such as web design, content generation, social media, and search engine marketing through the study of analytics, visualization, copywriting, strategy, planning, and execution. The field is always expanding as companies must continually find new ways to engage and interact with their audience. As an expert in New Media Marketing strategy, you will develop the skills to create digital strategies to help organizations better reach and engage online audiences.
Technology Changes the Way We Communicate
Saunders College New Media Marketing program is designed to prepare you for the constantly changing world of internet marketing. This interdisciplinary major covers a wide curriculum that consists of internet marketing, imaging, graphic arts, information systems, social media and search engine marketing (SEM). This provides an overall assessment of the current and future state of the graphic communication industry and is designed to meet industry's need for broadly educated marketing, new media, and management professionals.
- Students from our Social Media Marketing course entered and won an international social marketing competition, besting teams from around the country and world. They were recognized and honored by the U.S. Department of State for their work
- New Media Marketing curriculum allows you to take elective courses in other colleges, so you can learn more about web design or coding from one our RIT colleges
- Courses in search engine marketing provide hard skills in Google Analytics – complete with a formal certification by Google at the end of the course
- Internet marketing and social media are highly sought after skills employers are looking for, and the curriculum at Saunders prepares you for a job in the digital age
- You are guaranteed real-world experience as a part of one of the oldest and largest cooperative education programs
- Faculty are active in research and industry practitioners bring the latest trends into the classroom
Saunders College of Business is #1 in Western NY, ranking #62 nationally for undergraduate business programs in the U.S. News & World Report “Best Colleges” rankings, moving up two places from last year. These ranking are based on graduation and retention rates, as well as peer assessment and faculty resources.
Learn about other top rankings and recognition received by programs at Saunders College and Rochester Institute of Technology.
At the intersection of business and technology
Saunders College of Business, as a college within RIT, places an emphasis on technology and innovation in every program we offer. Saunders College teaches the cutting-edge digital business and marketing systems, as only RIT can deliver, to help you stand out.