What is Finance?
Finance is more than tracking a budget. It is the science and art of managing cash flows, risk, and ultimately, value. At Saunders, you will become a finance practitioner, gaining hands-on experience and competence in corporate finance, budgeting, investment management, risk management and valuation. Your financial expertise will determine the optimal management of money and the generation of value for clients.
The World's Financial Markets are Globally Integrated
Finance at Saunders involves the management, creation and study of money, banking, investments, assets and liabilities. You will become familiar with financial systems, which include the public, private and government spaces, and have the opportunity to become an expert in cash-flow analysis, capital markets, financial decision-making, or forecasting.
- Our courses emphasize using "Big Data" and data analytics to understand financial trends
- New state-of-the-art Sklarsky Center for Business Analytics features 12 Bloomberg terminals, where students access Bloomberg technologies to track corporate financial data in real-time
- Our Financial Management Association (FMA) chapter encourages students to become familiar with the world of finance through active investment and management of a real $180,000+ portfolio
- Our finance advisory board anticipates business trends and influences the development of new curriculum
- Graduates are analytics-driven – making keen decisions by evaluating historical data and market performance forecasts
At the intersection of business and technology
Saunders College of Business, as a college within RIT, places an emphasis on technology and innovation in every program we offer. Saunders College teaches the cutting-edge financial technologies and systems, as only RIT can deliver, to help you stand out.