What is Marketing?
Marketing is a form of communication between you and your customers with the goal of selling your product or service to them. Communicating the value of your product or service is a key aspect of successful marketing. While the role of marketing is complex, there are three pivotal points that serve as a compass:
- Understand your customer through research to gain deep and profound insights into buyers and customers
- Identify the specific goals and needs of customers and to guide the creation of products or services to fulfill them
- Build trust, communicate and provide information, enabling buyers and customers to make informed decisions in such a way that the product or service sells itself.
At Saunders, you will gain a solid understanding of business activities under the marketing umbrella, which encompasses learning how to identify and select target markets, the development, placement and promotion of goods and services, and the management of relationships among business partners and their customers, and how to analyze the successfulness of your marketing campaigns. In addition, students study business-consumer relationships from many angles including advertising, internet marketing, search engine analytics and buyer behavior.
- Explore more about careers in marketing
- Discover what courses you may study in a marketing degree to pursue a career in marketing
- Learn about a marketing degree that integrates business and technology
- See student experiences with marketing internships