Management Information Systems (MIS) Degree
Delivering Business Analytics and Technology Solutions
Information isn't worth much if it doesn't serve a purpose. The Saunders Management Information Systems (MIS) degree is oriented toward information analytics and the design of systems that will improve an organization's operational efficiency, add value to existing products, engender innovation and new product development, and help managers make better decisions.
- This interdisciplinary program is ranked #3 nationally by College Factual, and ranked #14 among 123 undergraduate business school Management Information Systems Degree programs by Bloomberg Businessweek
- The capstone course for the MIS degree applies the concepts of project management. After analyzing real-world business situations, student teams develop an innovative information system while utilizing project management techniques
- You are guaranteed real-world experience as a part of one of the oldest and largest cooperative education programs
- The Business and Technology Professionals organization at RIT is an MIS-focused student organization that provides an extracurricular foundation of technical expertise and business professionalism to develop tomorrow's leaders
- New, state-of-the-art facilities and computer labs feature the latest software releases, including SAP, SPSS and Minitab – ideal for your project needs
- You have the ability to take courses among any of the nine RIT colleges. If you have a passion for engineering or computing, enhance your education with electives taken at other colleges
- Faculty are actively working on relevant research and have countless industry connections, both of which inform Saunders to bring the latest trends and technologies into the classroom
MIS at BJTU
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Degree program is offered in China through an RIT and Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) partnership. Students complete their program in full on the BJTU Weihai campus, and can elect to participate in an exchange program allowing them to study on both campuses. Visit the Management Information Systems at BJTU program page for more details.
Saunders College of Business is #1 in Western NY, ranking #67 nationally for undergraduate business programs in the U.S. News & World Report “Best Colleges” rankings. These ranking are based on graduation and retention rates, as well as peer assessment and faculty resources.
Learn about other top rankings and recognition received by programs at Saunders College and Rochester Institute of Technology.
At the intersection of business and technology
Saunders College of Business, as a college within RIT, places an emphasis on technology and innovation in every program we offer. Saunders College teaches the cutting-edge communication technologies and information systems, as only RIT can deliver, to help you stand out.