What is management?
Industries around the world are in need of decision-makers and problem-solvers. Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations alike are in need of strategic managers. Management is the process of ensuring that a company is able to operate in both the immediate and near future, by making decisions that will impact an organization on every level. These decisions range from hiring a new employee to taking a company public. Management is not an easy field, and good managers are highly sought after. Our management program focuses on the critical competencies and interpersonal skills needed to be a successful change-agent in any organization.
High-Performance Leaders for Successful Organizations
Saunders College management students are exposed to many facets of management, from the ability to motivate peers, to communicating with others and leading a team – essential skills for good managers. Our program builds a T-shaped professional; who are characterized by a deep disciplinary knowledge and an understanding of the professional and personal skills that cross that transcend disciplines.
- Strong emphasis on design thinking woven throughout the curriculum, designed to give you an understanding of solution-based thinking
- You can experience cross-cultural teamwork and management skills through virtual team projects with peers from partner universities and global campuses
- We operate in a global business environment. Take the opportunity to seamlessly study abroad at one of our global campuses and experience working among different cultures and business practices
- Two different concentrations allow for the opportunity to specialize in the field you choose
- Faculty are active in research and industry practitioners bring the latest trends into the classroom
- Saunders Management Club is interwoven with our DECA Collegiate chapter and provides opportunities to engage in DECA competitions and conferences
- You are guaranteed real-world experience as a part of one of the oldest and largest cooperative education programs
- New advisory board guides curriculum expansion and forecasts business trends
At the intersection of business and technology
Saunders College of Business, as a college within RIT, places an emphasis on technology and innovation in every program we offer. Saunders College teaches the cutting-edge accounting technologies and information systems, as only RIT can deliver, to help you stand out.