Dr. Huang holds a Ph.D. in Finance from Pennsylvania State University. He comes to Saunders College from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. His areas of expertise include real-time simulation of trading strategies, discovery and assessment of financial market anomalies and behavioral finance. Similar to his market research, Dr. Huang assesses the needs of his students and focuses on the content that will make the largest impact. His unique educational model is catered to suite his students. He holds master degrees in Financial Engineering from Cornell University and in Computer Engineering from Michigan State University. He is a member of the American Finance Association and the Financial Management Association.
- Ph.D. in from Penn State University, 2008
- Deng, S., Huang, Z., Sinha, A., & Zhao, H. (2017). The Interaction between Microblog Sentiment and Stock Return: An Empirical Examination. MIS Quarterly.
- Huang, Z., & Luo, Y. (2016). Revisiting Structural Modeling of Credit Risk, Evidence from the Credit Default Swap (CDS) Market. Journal of Risk and Financial Management.
- Huang, Z., & Huang, J. (2013). Real-Time Profitability of Published Anomalies: An Out-of-Sample Test. Quarterly Journal of Finance, 3 (4).
- Huang, Z., & Ko, J. (2012). Persistence of Beliefs in an Investment Experiment. Quarterly Journal of Finance, 2 (1).
- Huang, Z., & Ko, J. (2012). Time-Inconsistent Risk Preferences in a Laboratory Experiment. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 39 (4), 471-484.
- Huang, Z., & Ko, J. (2007). Arrogance can be a Virtue: Overconfidence, Information Acquisition, and Market Efficiency. Journal of Financial Economics, 84 (2), 529-560.
- Huang, Z., & Huang, J. (2015). Money or Mirage? Testing an Intraday Moving Average Trading Strategy on Exchange Traded Funds. Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting.
- 2017: Huang, Z., & Huang, J., Testing Moving Average Trading Strategies on ETFs.
- 2016: Huang, Z., Huang, J., & Yu, X., Low-Price Effect: Evidence from the Chinese IPO Market.
- 2015: Huang, Z., & Zhou, H., Long Run Performance after Price Limit Events.
- 2015: Huang, Z., & Ko, J., Out-of-Sample Performance of Optimal Anomaly Portfolios.
Zhijian Huang, Ph.D.
Finance & Accounting
Tuesday and Thursday
10:30 am to 12:00 pm
And by Appointment