Daniel Perez Gil Rodriguez
Management Information Systems
Prague, Czech Republic
Day Trips From Prague
- Pilsen: factory of the most famous Czech beer Pilsner
- Cesky Krumlov: Small city in South Bohemia considered as UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Karlovy Vary: Small spa town situated in western Bohemia. It is historically famous for its hot springs. It is the most visited spa town in Czech Republic.
- Karlstejn Castle: Gothic Castle built by Charles IV. It is 30 min away from Prague.
Top Things to Do in Prague
- Visit the Castle, including St. Vitus Cathedral and The Golden Lane.
- Take a walk through Charles Bridge, preferably around sunset (there are not too many tourists)
- Go to Old Town and watch the 5 second performance of the Astronomical Clock. You can also try traditional Czech food, goulash is my favorite.
- Visit Vyšehrad , no one ever mentions this hidden gem.
- Make a picnic in Petrin Hill, Letna Park or Riegrovy Sady.
- Best landscape views: Metronome, Riegrovy Sady, Petrin Hill, Prague Castle (behind the monastery)
- Visit Strahov Library, just amazing.
- Take tram line #12 (it takes you almost everywhere and it could be considered as a free tour of the city)
- Boat trip in Vltava River.
- Have a beer in one of the several “Beer Gardens”. They usually have the best views and it’s the best place to meet local people. My favorite beer garden is located in Letná Park.
- Go to DOX contemporary art museum
- Visit Karlin district, another hidden gem.
- Walk through Wenceslas square and visit the National Museum
- See Frank Gehry's "Dancing House"
- Visit the Royal Gardens, they are right next to The castle.
- Go to the Lennon Wall
- Wake up early on a Saturday and visit Naplavka Farmers Market. Hint: if you don't wake up early you will miss the best stuff.
- Visit the Jewish Quarter. You can't miss the cemetery, Old New synagogue and Spanish synagogue.