Several Saunders faculty researchers and recipients of Seed Fund awards were recently recognized at a University-wide reception for their respective research. Seed funding proposals are a $5,000 grant awarded to proposals written during the fall semester and later refined over the course of a two-day Grant Writers’ Boot Camp. During the event, a team of peers reviews and revises each proposal to help it entice external funding.
These Saunders professors had their research proposals recognized:
- Quang Bui, Sean Hansen, Manlu Liu and John Tu, assistant professors in Saunders College of Business, for “The Impact of Health Information Technology Adoption: Another IT Productivity Paradox?”;
- Sorim Chung, assistant professor in Saunders College of Business, for “Beyond Page Design and Layout: Exploring the Role of Screen Size Variations as Retail Cues in Customers’ Online Purchase Experiences”;
- Stan Hoi, professor in Saunders College of Business, for “Do Individual Traits of CEOs Matter in Debt Contracting? Evidence from CEO Narcissism and Bank Loan Pricing”;
- Shal Khazanchi, associate professor in Saunders College of Business, for “Form and Function: The Dual Pathway Influence of Office Space on Work Relationships”;
- Bryan Reinicke, associate professor in Saunders College of Business, for “Barriers to the Acceptance of Self Driving Cars”;
“RIT hit some significant milestones in 2016,” said Ryne Raffaelle, vice president for research and associate provost. “Our researchers are key contributors to several major collaborative research ventures, including seven Manufacturing USA institutes. We have developed a very nice pipeline for new researchers to establish their individual research agendas through seed funding, collaborate with our interdisciplinary research centers and make meaningful impacts nationally.”
The event recognizing these faculty members was held in RIT’s Student Innovation Hall on April 5. It was hosted by Sponsored Research Services, which has recognized 117 PI Millionaire researchers since 2001.
---Saunders College of Business is one of nine colleges at Rochester Institute of Technology and is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). Recognized and ranked internationally, Saunders is home to more than 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in programs across RIT Global Campuses in Rochester, New York, Croatia, Dubai, Kosovo and China. Saunders College works in partnership with RIT’s entrepreneurial Venture Creations incubator and top ranked Albert J. Simone Center for Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship to integrate business education with RIT’s world-leading technical and creative programs. Saunders College offers undergraduate (BS), Masters (MS), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), and Executive MBA (EMBA) programs where students gain real-world business experiences through a tradition of applied learning, cooperative education and capstone programs.