Wednesday, May 9, 2018 - 12:00pm
Saunders College of Business closed out the 2017-2018 academic year with many honors and awards for both itself and its faculty.
- US News & World Report ranked Saunders College #73 for Best Graduate Programs.
- CEO Magazine named Saunders College’s Graduate Programs “Tier One MBA.”
- TFE Times ranked our MS Management program #15; MS Finance #23; MS Computational Finance #29; and MS Accounting #48.
- Saunders College’s undergraduate programs also received recognition.
- Overall, US News & World Report ranked Saunders College #64 in Best Undergraduate Programs.
- USA Today ranked Saunders College’s MIS Program at #10 in the nation.
Online EMBA Program
- Saunders College’s Online EMBA Program received wide recognition.
- Princeton Review named the Online EMBA Program #8 in the nation.
- Poet & Quants ranked the program #13.
- CEO Magazine ranked the program #27.
- US News and World Report ranked the Online EMBA Program #36.
ILI Guided Online Learning Development (GOLD) Graduates
- Saunders College faculty Dave Ballard, Bill Dresnack, Mike Palanski, Rong Yang and Hao Zhang were named GOLD Graduates.
- Dr. Bryan Reinicke, Dr. Joy Olabisi and Dr. Qian Song were awarded tenure.
- Dr. Joy Olabisi, Dr. Qian Song and Dr. Dan Tessoni were promoted to Associate Professors within Saunders College.
- Dr. Shal Kazanchi was promoted to a Full Professorship at Saunders College.
- Dr. Mike Palanski was awarded the Forman Professorship for Research due to his research in leadership and his extensive publishing.
- Dr. Hao Zhang received the Rosette Professorship for Research in recognition of his research in finance and accounting, as well as his consistent publishing in elite journals.
- Dr. Victor Perotti received the Forman Professorship for Collaborative Research for his cooperative work across RIT, especially with the Simone Center, NTID, GCCIS and COLA.
Executive Education Professorships
- Dr. John Ettlie and Dr. Ashok Robin received recognition for their engagement in the EMBA Program and Executive Education.
Zutes Award Recipients
- Saunders College recognizes and celebrates the output and quality of the contributions of Manlu Liu, Qian Song, Zhi Tang, Rong Yag and Yang Yu.
RIT Alumni Advisory Board’s Outstanding Faculty Awards
- Bob Boehner was recognized for his dedication to Saunders College and our students.
Faculty Scholarship Report’s Featured Faculty Member
- Saunders College recognizes the research productivity of Stan Hoi throughout the year, appreciating his numerous contributions to his field.
RIT-Sponsored Research Services Boot Camp Seed Grant
- Dr. Mike Palanski and Dr. Hao Zhang received the Seed Grants.
- Palanski looks to “further investigating leadership development by harnessing lessons learned from other experiences.”
- Zhang aims to “explore how cultural and social environmental factors influence corporate activities.”
On-Site EMBA Teaching Award
- Dan Tessoni received the EMBA Teaching Award, as was voted on by Class 24.
Research Grants & Leaves
SCB Research Grants
- Neil Hair, Myles Landers, Manlu Liu, Kean Wu and Rong Yang received research grants from Saunders College.
Professional Development Leaves
- Dr. Sean Hansen for “Information Processing Practices and Structures in Contemporary Software Development Environments."
- Dr. Stan Hoi for the “Effect of Social Capital on Corporate Policies and Behaviors.”
Provost’s Learning Innovation Grant (PLIG) Recipients
Three Saunders College faculty received PLIG Awards, including:
- Dr. Julie Cecchini for her work on an experiential approach to CSR.
- Dr. Clyde Eirikur Hull for his career strategy simulation.
- Dr. Hao Zhang for his work in integrating Bloomberg terminals into finance teaching.
Outstanding Teaching Award for Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Philip Gelsomino was awarded the Outstanding Teaching Award for his impact on students and his work in and out of the classroom.
Faculty Certificates: Outstanding Teaching Effectiveness
- Hao Zhang, Ashok Robin, Victor Perotti, Laurie Dwyer, Neo Bui and Bill Dresnack were recognized for their high effectiveness in the classroom.
Faculty Certificates: Exceptional Student Impact
- Philip Gelsomino, Sean Hansen, Shawn Sturgeon, Myles Landers and Erhan Mergen received recognition for the impact they have on their students and the support they give.
Faculty Certificates: Exemplary Adjunct Teaching
- Donald Streeks, David Ballard, Intekhab Alam, Suzanne McCaffrey and Valarie Upson received certificates celebrating their excellence as adjunct instructors in Saunders College.
Staff Impact Awards
- Lisa Boice was awarded the “Student Impact” Award for her devotion to helping students and supporting the different initiatives in Saunders College.
- Kim Grant received the “Staff Making a Difference” Award by Saunders College for her authenticity and professionalism, as well as her drive to make lives better.