Rochester Institute of Technology honored 117 students whose academic and personal achievements have made them this year's Outstanding Undergraduate Scholars.
The awards, a bronze medallion, were given in ceremonies last night (April 7) to those students who have met the scholarship criteria -- a minimum grade-point average of 3.85 out of 4.0; completion of more than two-thirds of the credit hours required for a bachelor's degree and demonstrated community engagement, such as creative work, serve on student committees, civic activities, employment or independent research.
"RIT is pleased to pay tribute to these undergraduates whose demonstrated devotion to excellence is an inspiration to the university community," said Jeremy Haefner, RIT provost and senior vice president of Academic Affairs, who presented the scholars to President Bill Destler and RIT deans at the ceremony in Gordon Field House.
The 2015-16 Outstanding Undergraduate Scholars are:
From the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
- David Amata, of Blacklick, Ohio
- Aidin Ameri, of Tehran, Iran
- Charles Backus, of Westfield, N.Y.
- Valerie Booth, of Surprise, Ariz.
- Reuben Brenner-Adams, of Ithaca, N.Y.
- Andrew Garbutt, of Gasport, N.Y.
- Jaime Geiger, of Sterling, Mass.
- Ben Grawi, of Florida, N.Y.
- Ehlana Gray, of Sewickley, Pa.
- Nicholas Greenquist, of Spring Lake, N.J.
- Sarathi Hansen, of Woodridge, N.Y.
- Jeffrey Kaiser, of Cranford, N.J.
- Adam Kaufman, of New City, N.Y.
- Shinji Kikuchi, of Denver, Colo.
- Evan Klei, of Gibsonia, Pa.
- Luke Matarazzo, of Neptune City, N.J.
- Christopher Mercado, of Springfield, Va.
- Will Paul, of Waverly, N.Y.
- Sam Price, of Poughquaq, N.Y.
- Lauren Reimondo, of Jamestown, N.Y.
- Erik Ritter, of Easton, Pa.
- Eddie Romito, of Thornville, Ohio
- Jonathan Theisman, of Jamestown, N.Y.
- Kelsey Weinman, of Crofton, Md.
- Jackie Wiley, of Flanders, N.J.
From the College of Applied Science and Technology:
- Sarah Coleman, of Waterville, N.Y.
- Andrew Heberger, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Hulbert Kates, of Warsaw, N.Y.
- David Khabursky, of Penfield, N.Y.
- Dina Lujak, of RIT Croatia
- Trisha Perry, of Fairport, N.Y.
- Kayla Pliszka, of West Seneca, N.Y.
- Christopher Powell, of Carlisle, Pa.
- Chayanne Robles, of Liverpool, N.Y.
- Daniel Tower, of North Bangor, N.Y.
- Chloe van Eerden, of St. Marys, Pa.
- Vanesa Vlacic, of RIT Croatia
From the College of Health Sciences and Technology
- Alexander Besen, of Chappaqua, N.Y.
- Jessica Gallagher, of Lee Center, N.Y
- Sally Huang, of New York City
- Megan Karpie, of Grand Island, N.Y.
- William Marmor, of Sugar Loaf, N.Y.
- Madison Rose, of Sammamish, Wash.
From the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences
- Anthony Amici, of Coopersberg, Pa.
- Courtney Armitage, of Dryden, N.Y.
- Melissa Chiu, of Bridgewater, N.J.
- Benjamin Davis, of Corning, N.Y.
- Rebecca Drexler, of Avon, N.Y.
- Olivia Grace, of Surabaya, Indonesia
- Laura Hoerner, of Williamsville, N.Y.
- Kelly Hurlburt, of Webster, N.Y.
- Kallie Jeffries, Ellicott City, Md.
- Emily Moore, of Sterling, Mass.
- Mary Stalter, of Atwater, Ohio
- Ryan Sullivan, of Canastota, N.Y.
- Elizabeth Talamo, of Shirley. N.Y.
- Adrian Tiliacos, of Issaquah, Wash.
- Veronica Zoeckler, of Catonsville, Md.
From the College of Liberal Arts
- Casira Copes, of Bear, Del.
- Alden Porter, of South Portland, Maine
- Katey Sackett, of Bloomfield, N.Y.
- Avanelle St. Bernard, of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Alexander Van Hook, of Upper Black Eddy, Pa.
From the College of Science
- Calvin Carrington, of Huntington, Mass.
- Selene Chew, of Ithaca, N.Y.
- Christian Dohring, of North Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Zachary Eager, of Chittenango, N.U.
- Xiau Ya Huang, of Flushing, N.Y.
- Elizabeth May, of Pittsford, N.Y.
- Eric Peterson, of Brewerton, N.Y.
- Jonathon Stone, of Oregon, Wisc.
From the Kate Gleason College of Engineering
- Cory Barber, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Varsha N. Behrunani, of India
- Erika Bliss, of Buffalo, N.Y.
- Nicole Bureau, of Castleton, N.Y.
- Chantel Charlesbois, of Jericho, Vt.
- Michael Foster, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Timothy Frey, of New Freedom, Pa.
- Lincoln Glauser, of Clarence Center, N.Y.
- Jonathan Greeley, of Gerry, N.Y.
- Austin Hayes, of Aurora, Ohio
- Nathaniel Heck, of Horseheads, N.Y.
- Eric Johnson, of Scarborough, Maine
- Brian Koziel, of Elyria, Ohio
- Koby Kubrin, of Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Colleen Lawlor, of Clinton, N.Y.
- Xing (Henry) Lei, of Salem, Ore.
- Joe McGlone, of Macedonia, Ohio
- Tristan McRae, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Corey Muench, of East Aurora, N.Y.
- Amanda Murray, of Denville, N.J.
- Melissa Nellist, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Samantha Pustulka, of Eden, N.Y.
- Corry Straathof, of Bethesda, Md.
- Daniel Wu, of Liverpool, N.Y.
- Samuel Zimmerman, of Poulsbo, Wash.
From the National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- Chelsea Behrens, of West Islip, N.Y.
- Hunter Ekberg , of Coon Rapids, Minn.
- Eliza Fowler, of Hyde Park, Vt.
- Rebecca Lucas, of Schenectady, N.Y.
From Saunders College of Business
- Tajana Grubisic, of RIT Croatia
- Prachi Kasbekar, of RIT Dubai
- Alexander Kondulukov, of RIT Croatia
- Alexander Kuqali, of Pittsburgh, Pa.
- David Nitsch, of Penfield, N.Y.
- Geno Rocco, of Apalachin, N.Y.
- Alison Schermerhorn, of Copake, N.Y.
- Andrija Sladic, of RIT Croatia
- Andrew Stadnicki, of Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Zachary White , of Dansville, N.Y.
From the School of Individualized Study
- Begatim Berisha, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo 10000 Kosovo
- Alketa Bucaj, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo
- Milot Burani, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo
- Iliriana Halili, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo
- Nida Krasniqi, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo
- Ilirijana Kukaj, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo
- Daors Sahatciu, of RIT/A.U.K., Kosovo