Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 12:31pm
Below is a running list of recent alumni news and recognitions. Submit your latest career move or latest achievement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Xiaoyu Zhu '19 (management information systems) published a first-authored paper for the Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV) 2021. Her project has been featured on Carnegie Mellon University News.
- Sara Wood, MBA '15, CAE is the new executive director for the North American Association of Commencement Officers (NAACO).
- Elizabeth Grese '19 (international hospitality and service management), was nominated for City & State's 2020 Labor 40 Under 40 list.
- Orlando Ortiz ’04 (manufacturing engineering technology), MBA '08, recently announced as our 2020-2021 Minett Professor, was honored by Rochester Business Journal's Forty Under 40.
- Cyrille Zongo, MBA ’20, sat down with Medium’s Elizabeth Akunyili to discuss his organization African Youth Initiative for Development (AYID).
- Taylor A. Parker, CPA ’13 (accounting) and MBA ’14 (accounting) was recently promoted to audit manager at Insero & Co.
- Managing Partner of Corporate Entrepreneurs, Susan Foley, published her third book, Intrapreneurs: Who, What, How and Why.
- Hard Rock International's VP of IT, Applications and Strategy, Wendy Mertz, ’90, will step into the vice president position for Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG) following the retirement of Page Petry, chief IT officer, Americas, Marriott International.