Saunders College of Business is growing!
The facility expansion will increase the building’s current footprint by nearly 80 percent. Developments include additional classrooms, applied research laboratories, event space and student team rooms. Inspired by the latest technology and building features found in industry, with an additional 35,000 square feet, Saunders College will better incorporate essential elements of applied learning and collaboration.
Essential to the building extension, there will be a premier university event space that doubles as an experiential learning lab for business students. This transformative space will help Saunders College, regardless of the academic department. The location will also benefit the entire RIT community as thousands of visitors and students will attend conferences, workshops, celebrations and several other events each year.
A New Era for Business Education
- Team rooms and flexible spaces will increase collaboration between students and faculty.
- Applied research collaboratories will support research on addressing contemporary business challenges.
- The addition of a café will help students study throughout the day and evening.
- A state-of-the-art auditorium will support distinguished guest lectures and events that enable the vibrant engagement of students, faculty, alumni and business and community leaders.
- Modern event venues and reception areas will serve as a learning laboratory for the hospitality-related programs.
Infrastructure for Tomorrow’s Business
Saunders College is nationally ranked for both its graduate and undergraduate programs. The College has developed a strong brand as a leading choice for business education, especially for those interested in technology-based creative enterprises. This brand is built on outstanding faculty, leading-edge degree programs, and rich business relationships, all leveraged to position students for success.
The need for additional, modern spaces that support collaboration, networking, applied research, and business community engagement has reached a critical point at Saunders College. This expansion will make it possible to execute our mission and “unlock” learning.
Read more on Transforming RIT: The Campaign for Greatness multi-faceted approach.
"This expansion project will enhance interaction among students and faculty as there will be more available space for collaboration and teamwork. Additionally, the expansion will help to support our unique and growing business programs in management information systems, supply chain management, analytics, and entrepreneurship."
– Carmyn Gomez MBA ’20