Technology Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship Resources
With a long tradition in innovation, RIT provides a technology and entrepreneurship rich culture with a unique set of resources that allow entrepreneurs to thrive. As a student in this program and beyond graduation you benefit from these resources, gaining access to expertise across all nine RIT Colleges, industry mentorships, business coaching and venture capital investors. You also collaborate with RIT students in other world-recognized disciplines in science, engineering, computing, arts and design.
- One of a select few federally funded National Science Foundation i-Corp Grant Recipient
- RIT partners in national Integrated Photonics initiative
- Nine RIT Colleges recognized in all STEAM disciplines
- Simone Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Where business, engineering, computing, and design students meet and collaborate to launch ideas
- Venture Creations incubator 20+ mid-seed companies commercializing innovative products and services
- Saunders Consulting Student consultant projects with regional companies – from start-ups to Fortune 500
- The Construct University-wide makerspace for rapid prototyping, featuring 3D modeling and open to all students
- Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (CUE) Building wealth through entrepreneurship in urban communities
- MAGIC Center - University-wide, entrepreneurial center with a multi-disciplinary approach to digital media research and production. With a focus on Media, Arts, Games, Interaction, and Creativity, MAGIC blurs the lines between art and technology.
RIT provides many opportunities to compete in real-world entrepreneurial and innovation competitions to raise scholarships and funding through prize money. Competitions provide opportunities to develop business plans and products through partnering with students from different disciplines. View all competitions here which include:
- Access Tech Product Competition, Tiger Tank, RIT Business Model Competition, Regional Business Plan Competition, New York State Business Plan Competition
Programs and Activities
RIT also offers many programs and activities for technology innovation management and entrepreneurship. Check out these additional activities and programs students can access, to further develop their skills, including:
- Student Incubator Program, Entrepreneurship Minor, RIT Student Accelerator, Studio 930, MAGIC Maker Program, DiscoveRIT, Innovators Hour, Mentors and Coaches, Student Innovation Labs, and Team Builder