RIT undergraduate students may select a business minor as part of their educational plan. There are nine minor areas from which a student can choose and each can be completed in just five courses (15 credit hours). Each minor has elective flexibility so that you may individualize the minor to your interests and needs.
Minors and Program Code
General Policies and Requirements:
- Minors may be discipline-based or interdisciplinary
- Only matriculated students may enroll in a minor
- At least nine semester credit hours of the minor must consist of courses not required by the student's home program
- Students may pursue multiple minors. A minimum of nine semester credit hours must be designated towards each minor; these courses may not be counted towards other minors
- The residency requirement for a minor is a minimum of nine semester credit hours consisting of RIT courses
- Posting of the minor on the student's academic transcript requires a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the minor
- Minors may not be added to the student's academic record after the granting of the bachelor's degree
4+1 Accelerated MBA Considerations:
Students interested in using certain courses in minor programs towards the 4+1 Accelerated MBA program can obtain further details by consulting the Minor Advisors, Jerry Curnutt or Peter Rosenthal, or the Graduate Advisor, Sonya Haynes. Or you may visit our 4+1 Accelerated MBA program flier for a list of applicable courses.