Deborah Colton-Hebert, Ph.D.
Office Hours & Staff Assistant Information
Staff Assistant: Sarah Geiss
Staff Assistant Phone: 585-475-6057
- Ph.D. in International Business and Marketing from University of South Carolina, 2004
- M.B.A. in International Business from Rochester Institute of Technology, 1994
- B.A. in International Studies from State University of New York at Buffalo, 1991
- Instructor | University of South Carolina | 1997-2001
- Marketing Manager | Troyer Inc. | 1995-1997
- International business
- Marketing strategy
- Marketing: Internet
- Academy of International Business
- American Marketing Association
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Society for Marketing Advances
- S. Tamer Cavusgil Award, American Marketing Association - - 2009
- Best Paper Award, American Marketing Association - 2008 Winter Educators' Conference, Global Marketing Track - - 2008
- Best Paper Award, Academy of International Business - Northeast - - 2005
- Best Paper Award - Global Marketing Track, American Marketing Association - - 2001
- Colton, D. (2012). The role of retailer mindset and promotional resources in strengthening online brands. Journal of Brand Management .
- Colton, D. (2010). A resource-based view of e-tailer performance: an international study. International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, 3 (2), 174-195.
- Colton, D., Roth, M., & Bearden, W. (2010). Drivers of International E-tail Performance: The Complexities of Orientations and Resources. Journal of International Marketing, 18 (1), 1-22.
- Colton, D., Roth, M., Jayachandran, S., & Dahhli, M. (2009). Subsidiary use of Foreign Marketing Knowledge. Journal of International Marketing, 17 (1), 1-29.
- Colton, D., & Money, B. (2000). The Response of the ’New Consumer' to Promotion in the Transition Economies of the Former Soviet Bloc. Journal of World Business , 189-205.
- Colton, D., & Roth, M. (2011). Different Means for Different Ends: Global E-tailing Resources and Progressive Performance Objectives. International Marketing Review.
- Colton, D. (2009). What are Corporations Blogging About? Identifying Strategies about Corporate Associations and Credibility. 2009 American Marketing Association's Summer Marketing Educators' Conference..
- Colton, D., Roth, M., & Bearden, W. (2008). Sources of Global E-tail Advantage: Relationships among Orientations, Resources, and Performance. 2009 American Marketing Association's Summer Marketing Educators' Conference..
- Colton, D., & Hair, N. (2008). Exploring Perceptions of Consumer Experience online. Winter Educators' Academy of Marketing Conference.
- Colton, D., & Luecke, G. (2005). RESOURCE EFFECTS ON ONLINE TRAFFIC OF U.S. AND FOREIGN ONLINE RETAILERS. Academy of International Business - NE.
- Colton, D., Roth, M., Jayachandran, S., & Dakhli, M. (2001). The Use and Effectiveness of Transferred Knowledge in Marketing Subsidiaries. Proceedings of the AMA Winter Educators’ Conference.
- Colton, D., Bearden, W., Carlson, J., & Weathers, D. (2000). Price Discount and Brand Information Effects on Perceptions of Quality and Value. American Marketing Association. Conference Proceedings, 111-116.
- Colton, D., & Money, B. (1998). Response to Promotion in Post-Communist Eastern Europe. Enhancing Knowledge Development in Marketing--Proceedings of the AMA Summer Educators’€™ Conference, 322.
- Colton, D. (2008). Need Title of the Presentation. BizTech Series: Blogging for Business, e-Busi.
- Colton, D. (2001). The Effects of Marketing and Firm Resources on Electronic Retailer Performance. Academy of International Business Annual Meet.
- Colton, D. (1999). The Effects of Headquarters-Subsidiary Marketing Communication on Global Brand Image. Academy of International Business Annual Meet.
- 2015: Colton, D., Top 500 Internet Retailers (topic, title to be determined).
- 2015: Colton, D., Do corporate blogs affect brand attitudes?.
- 2015: Colton, D., The role of marketing resources in attracting website visitors.
- 2014: Colton, D., How corporate blogs communicate corporate credibility.
- 2012: Colton, D., & Roth, M., Different means for different ends: global e-tailing resources and progressive performance objectives.
- 2010: Colton, D., & Matin, H., Green Marketing.