William Stevenson, Ph.D.
Dr. William Stevenson is an associate professor of Decision Sciences in the College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology. He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses operations management.
Dr. Stevenson is the author of textbooks in management science, statistics, and production/operations management. His articles have appeared in Management Science, Decision Sciences, Total Quality Management, and Quality Progress.
Dr. Stevenson received a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, an MBA, and a Ph.D. in production/operations management, from Syracuse University.
Office Hours & Staff Assistant Information
Monday & Wedneday 11 am - Noon
Thursday 10:45–11:45 am
Also by appointment
Staff Assistant: Sarah Geiss
Staff Assistant Phone: 585-475-6057
- Ph.D. in Production and Operations Management from Syracuse University, 1971
- M.B.A. in from Syracuse University, 1965
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Syracuse University, 1964
- Stevenson, W., & Mergen, E. (2014). Estimating Seasonal Relatives Using Simple Averaging: Not Just for Stationary Data. Operations Management Education Review .
- Stevenson, W., Evans, W., & O'Neil, B. (2010). Revitalizing U.S. Manufacturing: The Role of Tax Policy. CPA Journal .
- Stevenson, W., & Mergen, E. (2009). Can’t Fix Service Quality? Read This. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence .
- Stevenson, W., & Fram, E. (2007). The Next Generation. Directorship Magazine .
- Stevenson, W., & Mergen, E. (2006). Teaching Six Sigma Concepts in a Business School Curriculum. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, 17 (6), 751-56.
- Mergen, A., & Stevenson, W. (2002). Sowing the Seeds of Quality: Quality at the Source. Total Quality Management, 13 (7), 1015-1020.
- Stevenson, W. (2000). Supercharging Your Pareto Analysis. Quality Progress .
- Stevenson, W. (2017). Operations Management 13th ed. (pp. 900). .
- Stevenson, W. (2010). Operations Management, 11th ed (pp. 908). McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Stevenson, W. (2013). Operations Management, 12th ed. (pp. 910). Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
- Stevenson, W., & Ozgar, C. (2006). Introduction to Management Science with Spreadsheets (pp. ). McGraw-Hill.
- Stevenson, W., & Fram, E. (2007). Leadership: Who’s on Board?. Wall Street Journal-Sloan Management Review (pp. R6). .
- 2016: Stevenson, W., & Mergen, E., A Bakery Uses Lean sSix-Sigma to Improve It Operations. Progress is currently on hold. The two key contacts at the company have left the company, and replacements have not been made. We are hopefully we will still be able to acquire the information we need to complete the article this year.
- 2014: Stevenson, W., & Mergen, E., Estimating Seasonal Relatives Using Simple Averaging: Not Just for Stationary Data.