Daniel Tessoni, Ph.D.
Daniel Tessoni is an assistant professor of Accounting in the College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology and a CPA. He received his Ph.D. in Accounting from Syracuse University, a MS from Clarkson and a bachelor's degree from St. John Fisher College. He has presented seminars and executive programs on accounting and finance related issues to numerous companies including Constellation Brands, ITT Industries Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Bausch & Lomb, Chase Manhattan Bank, First Empire Bank and Apple Computer.
He served as a member of the Board of Directors of ACC Corp., a publicly- held long distance and cellular telephone company from 1987 until 1998 when the company was purchased by ATT. Dr. Tessoni served as chairman of the Audit Committee, and as a member of the Compensation Committee and the Executive Committee and several special committees.He currently serves on the board of several privately held corporations.
His research interests are in the areas of agency theory and positive accounting theory.
Office Hours & Staff Assistant Information
- Ph.D. in Accounting from Syracuse University, 1987
- M.S. in Accounting from Clarkson College of Tecnology, 1970
- B.B.A. in Accounting from St. John Fisher College, 1969
- Corporate governance
- Dey, R., Robin, A., & Tessoni, D. (2012). Advisory Services Rise Again at Large Audit Firms. CPA Journal .
- Tessoni, D., Robin, A., & Hoi, C. (2009). Anatomy of an Unusual Merger: ABI (2006). Journal of Financial Education , 101-121.
- Tessoni, D., Hoi, C., & Robin, A. (2008). Anatomy of an Unusual Merger: The ABI Case. Southwest Finance meeting of the American Finance Association; San Antonio, Texas; February, 2008.
- Tessoni, D., Hoi, C., & Robin, A. (2007). Sarbanes-Oxley: Are Audit Committees Up To The Task. American Accounting Association Mideast Regio.
- Tessoni, D. (2007). Audit Committee Effectiveness. KPMG Audit Committee Roundtable.
- Tessoni, D. (2004). Acc fundamentals in the Mfg Environment. CIMS.
- Tessoni, D. (2002). Accounting Crisis. Council on the COB lunch presentation.
- Tessoni, D. (2002). Evaluating, influencing and understanding financial performance: A discussion of empirical research issues in the printing industry. RIT School of Printing event, Center for Prin.