Robert Boehner, JD
Senior Lecturer, Executive in Residence
Bob Boehner is a senior lecturer in SCB. He joined the SCB faculty in 1995 as an adjunct professor teaching in the executive MBA program. In 2000 he became a full-time SCB faculty member. Boehner teaches graduate level marketing and strategy courses.
Boehner retired from Xerox in 1996 after a 30 year career. While at Xerox he held a variety of senior management positions in marketing, strategy,and
field operations. After retiring he attended the School of Law at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, earning a JD degree in 1999. He earned a BA and MA degree in history from Siena College.
Boehner was recognized by EMBA students as the most outstanding instructor in the program in 2008,2009, 2010, and 2011.
Boehner combines his teaching experience with consulting for a variety of different clients. Over the last five years he has consulted and/or conducted training sessions for Getinge, Moog, JML Optical, Harris RF Communications, and Champlain College. Boehner also organized and taught a successful series of local WIRED seminars funded by the US Department of Labor.
Boehner is Chairman of the Board of St. Johns Senior Service, a large Rochester-based non-profit that provides services to elders, including St. Johns Nursing Home and St. Johns Meadows.
In his spare time Boehner enjoys golf, traveling to the UK to see his London-based family, and spending time with his Rochester and London grandchildren.
Office Hours & Staff Assistant Information
Friday: 10:00-11:30 am
Or by appointment
Staff Assistant: Sarah Geiss
Staff Assistant Phone: 585-475-6057
- J.D. in from University of North Carolina, 1999
- M.A. in History from Siena College, 1965
- B.A. in History from Siena College, 1963
- Senior Lecturer | RIT Saunders College of Business | 2004-2014
- Adjunct Professor | RIT COB | 1993-2004
- VP Global Channels Development | Xerox | 1994-1996
- VP Integrated Marketing Strategy | Xerox | 1990-1993
- VP and General Manager | Elec. Publ. BU, Xerox | 1988-1990
- Competitive advantage: sources of
- Marketing strategy
- Strategic management
- Strategic marketing
- Strategic planning
- RIT SCB EMBA Program - - 2014
- RIT Saunders College of Business - - 2013
- Boehner, R. (2014). An evaluation of the causes, extent, and initiators of herding behaviors. Journal of Applied Financial Research .
- Boehner, R., & Gold, S. (2013). The Influence of the Marketing Mix on the Diffusion of Innovation: Bass Model Redux. Academy of Business Journal .
- Boehner, R., & Gold, S. (2013). Herding Behavior in the DJIA 2005-2009: An Application of the Bass Model. Journal of Applied Financial Research .
- Boehner, R., & Steven, G. (2012). Modeling the Impact of the Marketing Mix on the Diffusion of Innovation in the Generalized Bass Model of Firm Demand. Developments in Business Simulations and Experiential Exercises .
- Boehner, R., & O'Neil, B. (2011). The RIT Saunders College of Business EMBA CApstone Experience. Journal of Executive Education .
- Robin, A., Boehner, R., & Evans, W. (2010). Mergers and Acquistions. Handbook of Technology Management .
- Pray, T., & Boehner, R. (2013). Reinventing a business simulation to incorporate risk assessment in an interconnected world. International Market Research Academy.
- Boehner, R., & Gold, S. (2012). Modeling the Impact of the Marketing Mix on the Diffusion of Innovation in the Generalized Bass Model of Firm Demand. Developments in Business Simulations and Experienctial Learning.
- Boehner, R., Robin, A., & Evans, W. (2010). Handbook of Technology Management-Mergers and Acquisitions, edited by Hossein Bidgoli. The Handbook of Technology Management, Volume 1: Core Concepts, Financial Tools and Techniques, Operations and Innovation Management (pp. ). John Wiley & Sons.
- Boehner, R. (2010). Relationship Between Entrepreneurial Success and the Firm’s Core Capabilities. Rochester Entrepreneurs Conference, Greater R.
- Boehner, R. (2007). New Product Portfolio Management. PDMA of Western NY Quarterly Meeting. MCC.
- 2014: Boehner, R., & Bold, S., Who are the Herders? An examination of the initaitors in the application of the Bass Model to Herding Behavior in the DJIA.